Rocky Roads has put together a list of questions ALL buyers need to ask before they purchase an Early Ford Bronco from anywhere! Especially from the Mid-West or the East Coast. East Coast, Mid-West, Utah & Colorado vehicles are prone to having major rust damage in the bodies due to excessive salt on the roads. Buyer BEWARE! Most Early Bronco outfits these days are purchasing cheap 'rusted out' vehicles, then attempting to restore them and call them 'rust-free'. This is not easily done. We ONLY purchase West Coast 95-100% Rust-free Broncos from California & Arizona.
We DO NOT purchase 'rust buckets' like our competition, and attempt to fix them and sell them as rust-free vehicles. Once a Bronco has rust in it, the resale value drops by at least HALF in most cases. When you see a cheap Bronco for sale on EBay or anywhere else for that matter, you can count on it having major rust throughout the body & chassis. STAY CLEAR! Do yourself a big favor and ask the following questions before you decide to purchase a 66-77 Ford Bronco from anyone outside of California or Arizona!!!
• How long have you been in business? RR has been in business for over 20 years
• How many Broncos have you restored? RR has restored Hundreds of Early Broncos
• How bad does the rust have to be to make you NOT purchase a Bronco? RR allows for only 5-10% of the truck to have rust, if it has more than that, we just will not purchase it for resale!
*Rust work can be done right, and it can be done wrong. RR does it right, with factory replacement panels. Un-ribbed aftermarket floor panels will not help your vehicle retain it's maximum future resale value. Once people see there 'was' rust in your vehicle, they will run the other way.
*BEWARE of carpeted vehicles. Carpeting is a sure-fire way for a seller to hide rust from unknowledgable buyer. If it has carpeting, ask to see photos of the undersides of the floor pans before you make a decision, and look for factory RIBBED floor panels!
*BEWARE of 'Roadsters'... Early Broncos with no tops and no doors. They have been converted to Roadsters for a REASON!
* Most Broncos that are sold without doors mean there was too much rust to get the doors to line up correctly (Did you see that recent episode of Fast & Loud?) Those guys purchased a Bronco 'on the cheap' thinking it would be an easy profit... WRONG! They ended up having to remove the top, doors & tailgate because that truck has SO MUCH RUST that they could not get the doors to go back on after paint! They actually LOST MONEY on that truck because they sold it without a top & doors. We ALWAYS include hard doors on our trucks. This PROVES they can and do fit correctly. We commonly use 'removable door hinges' so you can easily remove your doors when Summertime comes around, then re-install them again when Winter rolls around again.
*When your company cuts out rusted floor panel, do they graph in new factory correct metal, or do they lay in flat 'non-ribbed' floor pans on top of the old rusted out floor pans? RR cuts out ALL of the rust in the floor panel, and graphs in new metal so that you will never see where the rust once was, creating a rust-free environment for years to come. RR's metal fabricators have hundreds of Broncos under their belts, so you know the work will be done right!
• How many Broncos has your company sold? RR has sold over 1000 Broncos to date! We currently sell somewhere between 15-20 Custom Vintage Broncos every year. Our price points are slightly higher because the quality is there, and we pay A LOT more for the Rust-Free vehicles that we end up restoring for our clients.
• What kind of Guarantee does your company offer? RR offers a 1-year warranty on all driveline services, and 2-year warranty on bodywork & paint work.
*Can you give me 5 referrals I can contact before I decide to purchase a Bronco through your company? RR can give you at least 10 referrals before you buy a Bronco from us!
* Many companies buy $2,500-$5,000 Broncos filled with rust, and then try to fix them to the best of their ability, which RR would never do. We start out with more expensive virtually Rust-Free California Broncos to begin with, that's how we end up with slightly higher prices.
* Always remember that old slogan "You get what you pay for"!!! ROCKY ROADS CUSTOM VINTAGE BRONCOS is still by far the finest Early Bronco restoration facility worldwide!
Release on 5/18/2013
Rocky Roads has relocated to Chatsworth, CA
We have officially re-located into our new Chatsworth, CA, location. The address is 20400 Prarie Street, Unit A, Chatsworth, CA, 91311. On July 3rd, our Legend Ford Bronco Build
will be completed, and we will start taking orders for our new legend 12" Coil-Over four link suspension system. Our Sequoia Brown 1974 Restoration is next in line to have our new Legend suspension package installed. This is now officially going to be a Legend Frame-Off Restoration, with a new Fuel Injected CRATE 302 engine, 4 speed automatic AOD transmission & new Centek wire harness. Visiting hours will be between 11-3 most days to check it out in person.
Release on 7/3/2012
Our new Rocky Roads Legend Ford Bronco
with 12" Coil-Over four link suspension system is going to be unveiled on July 1st, 2012. We will disclose the location for the event soon... We will be taking orders for our new suspension system starting in July. Once we have your Bronco, we need close to 6 weeks or less to torch off your old suspension and weld/bolt on our new Legend suspension system with Fox shocks, depending on how far you want to take your restoration. We will also be offering a Frame-Off Restoration, which will take 4-5 months. Keep your eyes on the 71 Legend in our Sales lot.
Release on 7/1/2012
Let RR Manage Your Bronco
We now offer scheduled maintainence for your Bronco. If you decide to purchase a Bronco from someone else, bring it in for a RR service inspection. Once we have the results from that, we can determine what needs to be done now, and what can be done down the line.
We can customize an "Overall Performance Guide" for your EB to keep it running, steering and breaking the way it should. Avoid future break downs by planning in advance, and keeping your rig properly serviced.
Release on 5/13/2008
New Website Launched!!!
We just launched our new web site! We hope you find it informative and easy to use. Please excuse any errors, we will be updating regularly until it runs like a clock.
Please watch the sales lot weekly if you are interested in purchasing a bronco. We get new ones in all of the time, and sometimes they go fast. Our current selection is awesome, but if you are looking for one that is a little more cost effective, we can help too!
Just email us what you are looking for (stick, auto, etc) along with a price range, and we will do our best to locate the right one for you!
Shaun Bryant, Owner
Release on 5/2/2008